Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Time slips and the metaphysic time machine

Time slips and the bendable space-time

Einstein idea of space time could be affected by gravity


Time slips are a curious experience of either finding oneself in another place and time seemingly impossible by contemporary science.  Several books have been written about them, the most famous was of two elderly school teachers walking in the garden of versaille in France suddenly and impossibly walking back in time to see the court of Louis XIV.  The women were sober well respected folks not given to flights of fancy, so the question was if they did go back in time how was that accomplished?

For more information about this event, check here...

My time slip adventure

Suddenly, I found myself in a scene like this...

I would be remiss not to mention my personal and very vivid time slip that happened to me.  My wife was getting ready to go out with me, and while I waited, I turned onto some history channel about the French revolution while she was getting ready.  I didn't particularly want to watch that program, if it had been a sports channel it would have been the same, just dealing with boredom of waiting.  It had turned to something about the guillotine when like a flash I was suddenly 'standing' on a rough wooden planking of the guillotine, and it had just came down on some poor victim and the amount of blood was both shocking and real to me on a visceral level.  I was standing on the platform on the left side of the victim, and I was facing a rowdy screaming crowd of French peasants.  Information about me, and the scene came flooding like a wave.  I somehow knew I was French priest of some order, angry at God and at the blood thirsty screaming peasant mob for wanting more blood.   I somehow knew it was an overcast gloomy day which was strange for that part of France that time of year, and the smell of blood, city waste, and screams filled my nose and smote at me like a sword.  Suddenly, I was back again in my house waiting for my wife to get ready.  It was so intense, I asked loudly how long I had been gone.  What had seemed a very vivid episode for me was barely a second for my wife.  What had happened?  It took a little bit of research to find out about time slips, but of course everything is speculation.  I really believed that what happened was so unique and vivid, that it didn't come from my subconsious.  Did I really end up in France?  Was this a past life memory, or somehow my brain 'picking up' something from the past?  The sheer amount of sensory information was vivid and frightening for a moment.  I am happy to say that at this point, no more time slips.

The metaphysic time machine

the time machine from the 1966 movie


At this point, it made me wonder is time travel possible?  Most physics say unlikely given the Einstein model although there are possible methods involving black holes, or constructing a rotating neutron star to warp space time which of course puts such time machines in the realm of fantasy or science in a thousand years.  Recently I stumbled on a strange aspect in physics...the quantum zeno effect...in a nutshell, a radioactive isotope would change decay rate if it was observed which of course is impossible by most laws of physics except the weird world of quantum, string field, and collapsing waveforms.  The implication of Zeno is somewhat staggering, that reality and time itself to a degree in responsive to will (although you could argue this is thought behind spell casting and magic for what is that but a desired goal and the will to cause such change). There would have to be some kind of check and balance to this, else there would mass chaos in the streets.  Perhaps in the near future there can be a time machine using this metaphysical method to explore the past and future of time bending to will of the explorer to shape space time for a new journey.  I may do some experimenting with the metaphysic time machine in the future.

perhaps the first step into a time machine...

No comments:

Post a Comment